Thursday, December 23, 2010

Why Are My Toes Bruised?

Zimsterne e. .. Merry Christmas!

Yes, we have now. Missing very little at Christmas. It 'a matter of hours and the magic that keeps thesis all will spring, and then vanish. The frenzy that reigns in the streets, people entering and leaving the shops, full of gift items, bags embellished with shiny ribbons. But I do not think it necessary to exchange gifts purchased at all: in my opinion, be much more satisfying to make something to give it away, knowing you do make a person happy. Even you think so? I hope so! The thing I like most about the holiday season is just make cookies or other sweets to give away, and these days I'm going crazy: I would like to experience a lot of all different kinds of cookies, but I see one just makes me more throat, I immediately change my little program! Phew, I know, I'm crazy ... But be patient: mix, bake and bake like me too much, and I hope that appeal to you the recipes that I will propose in the coming days:)
These biscuits, for example, are perfect as gifts: if you want, I advise you to procure the classic transparent bags (which are certainly more pastry shops provided), fill them with some cookies, seal with a red ribbon e. .. success guaranteed! I see you already sitting on the couch in the company of a good book next to a lighted tree and decorated properly, crunching loudly one of these biscuits! Come on, do not tell me that I have not made me want!
We return to these cookies (something about the taste but I'll say it to you:)): the flavor of hazelnut and spice is predominant, the pleasant crunchiness of the biscuit mix to glaze.
Recipe: Zimsterne
Taken from the monthly "sweet day"
Ingredients (for about 30 stars):
For the dough:
• 200 grams of flour 00
• 60 grams of prepared vanilla pudding
• 50 grams of finely chopped hazelnuts
• 75 grams of sugar cane extra fine
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon untreated
• 1 teaspoon gingerbread (cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, cloves, anise)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 pinch of salt
• 80 gr cold butter, diced
• 1 egg •
Cold water as needed
For the frosting:
• 125 grams of powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 egg white 1 tablespoon
Table of boiling water
Prepare the dough: Combine in a large bowl the flour, baking powder, nuts, prepared pudding, salt, sugar, lemon zest, the spices. Add egg and butter and stir quickly until a ball of dough. If the dough is too hard, add a bit 'of water. Wrap in plastic wrap and put the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Turn the oven to 180 degrees and cover the baking sheet with special paper. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut with cutters 40 stars. Place them on baking sheets and bake for 10-15 min. or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely.

Prepare the glaze: place the egg white, add the sifted sugar, lemon juice and boiling water, continued to mount until the glaze will be shiny and free of lumps. Evenly spread frosting on cookies with the help of a brush and allow to cool completely. Store in a tin box.

With this last post before the inevitable and expected 25, I'll my most sincere wishes for a Merry Christmas and a 2011 full of satisfactions : you and all those who pass to take a look, a special thanks and best wishes for your comments, your praise, your criticism .. your presence, really! You are very special and I do not know how to thank you! A hug, a Monday! ^ __ *

0 comments:

Post a Comment